|Category||Design||Job type||Full Time|
About amazon.com: Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the role: The Digital Imaging Services (DIS) team handles the post-production activity for Amazon product images to provide consistent imagery, remove distractions and enable customers with their buying decisions. DIS also manages customers and vendor's contacts support service for images related queries. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
3D Design Manager will be responsible of managing all level of Artists and 3D Support associates. We're looking for a proficient 3D Design Manager who is able to understand technical problems the artist team may face from an artistic perspective, while working directly with all levels of 3D artists and other stakeholders. The position requires a candidate with proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating team members to meet an extremely deadline-driven environment. The manager will be responsible for operational metrics, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, resolving problems, process optimization and implementation of projects. The Manager will also support growth and development of their team in terms of Business, Operations, and Technical acumen. The leader will work to deliver, best in class e-retail visual experiences for our customers across product lines.
Key job responsibilities
The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, technical development, communication, and partnership. Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to:
• Responsibility for meeting operational and business goals
• Optimizing our 3D content creation for both quality and scalability, including reconciling our financial and quantitative goals with our approach to 3D.
• Driving appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve process excellence
• Managing stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes, escalations, etc.
• Ensuring high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees
• Executing specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement
• Build a robust team of creative and technical talent
• Bachelor's degree with minimum of 5+ years of relevant creative experience, including 3+ year(s) of leading creative team(s) in 3D
• Fosters a design culture and working environment that emphasizes creativity and strong design thinking
• Guides team to work creatively around difficult design limitations without lowering the customer bar. Shows an increased command in a design process that makes achieving the intended customer success a habit
• Manages design team responsible for features and products of medium scope and complexity
• Regularly suggests, documents and implements new and improved design patterns, methods or processes
• Familiar with design software like Maya, Z Brush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate creative attributes and related technicalities.
• Has a background in quantitative decision making, ability to drive business/operations metrics, and driving adoption of different tools and resources
• Has managed operational processes, with SLA responsibility and stakeholder management
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a large workforce, comprised of a mix of employee and contingent workers
• Demonstrated leadership with a bias towards action, supporting a culture of ownership and learning
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever is necessary to exceed team expectations and deliver on aggressive team goals
• Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology
• Experience working in a photo realistic production environment working across an array of clients including e-commerce
• Experience/knowledge with product photography and lighting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
|Employer||ADCI - Tamil Nadu|