|Category||Design||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Org
The Digital Imaging Services (DIS) team handles the post-production activity for Amazon product images to provide consistent imagery, remove distractions and enable customers with their buying decisions. DIS handles the Retouch, Color Authoring (CA), 3D, Video Editing and Quality Audit services for both Studio and Vendor images. DIS also manages customers and vendor's contacts support service for images related queries. A three-dimensional artist, or 3D artist, works in media production and creates elements for 3D images, games and movies. 3D artists are experts in everything about form, color, and light. We create 3D images, review and make changes according to feedback, and create models of different materials. 3D Quality Analyst will audit these files against the reference image and approve/reject the output and share necessary feedback.
We're looking for proficient 3D Generalist, who can achieve a high level of quality with skills in modelling, texturing, shading, lighting and compositing - to create exciting and innovative experiences in 3D. The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, communication, and partnership. The ideal candidate will be accomplished in working with a variety of 2D and 3D software packages and demonstrate the ability to raise the quality bar in Lighting, Modeling and texturing 3D objects. You must be able to build a near-perfect model from just a single or small set of photographs.
1. The candidate will create and retouch 3D assets (modelling, texturing, look dev) and materials for use in web-based, real-time applications and photorealistic product and environment renderings
2. Scene assembly, Lighting (matching real-world scenarios and setting up CG lighting) and basic compositing
3. Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
4. Share best practices, identify process improvement and operational waste reduction
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
1. Highly proficient in rendering and compositing 3D renders to accentuate photo-realism
2. Must demonstrate an understanding of technical art production and end-to-end modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rendering workflows
3. Understanding of CG techniques and technologies.
4. Fast turnaround on both hard-surface and organic modeling is a must
5. Must be very well versed in Maya, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Photoshop and other relevant software
6. Strong understanding of light, color and composition
7. High standard of quality control
8. Ability to work as part of a team and take feedback/direction positively
9. At least 1 years or more previous experience in Lighting and Rendering for advertising or feature film.
1. Experience rendering in Maya with Vray or any other rendering software.
2. Experience with product photography and lighting
3. Have experience with tile-able and procedural, material and texture creation
4. Be able comfortable with visual pattern matching, trouble shooting, optimization and contributing in a very meaningful way with highly visible deliverables that can ship with daily builds
5. Be able to excel in a fast-paced collaborative production environment
6. Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
7. Innovative and self-directed
8. Ability to showcase artistic work in a portfolio
|Employer||Amazon Dev Center India - Hyd|