|Category||Design||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a passionate and innovative Senior UI (Visual) Designer to join our growing design and research studio. This Senior UI Designer will have a significant impact on our business as they develop the visual strategy for AWS's Developer Tools: from both UI in enterprise applications to productivity tools to developer education experiences. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the designer will work collaboratively with a strong design team, engineers, product managers and executives in a highly visible role interfacing directly with their customers - passionate engineers.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you are responsible for creating and maintaining a cohesive visual identity for our new and existing services reaching millions of customers, across multiple customer touch-points. You are a problem solver with strong bias for action, always ready to be hands-on to visualize solutions. You take a customer-centered approach to define how visual design works across contexts, devices and domains, while being able to dive deep into identity, layout, typography, UI, motion design, and other components of visual brand expression. You proactively work on behalf of the team to create clarity in the face of ambiguity and deliver high-quality visual solutions that simplify complex concepts and delight customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It's not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Help a growing design team define an overall visual strategy
* Invent, scale and drive adoption of our next-generation design system and brand, consistently across services
* Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, through the creation and application of custom components and patterns that exceed customer expectations
* Create customer-centric digital UI assets by integrating business objectives, target audience needs and creative thinking
* Produce illustrations, icons, presentation materials, and marketing assets that delight
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications for developer handoff
* Engage with AWS leadership to infuse business strategy with human centered design thinking throughout the product lifecycle
* Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
* Drive design process improvements to improve organization efficiency
* Conduct and participate in design reviews with executives, product teams, designers, and stakeholders across the organization
• 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
• 4+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and/or stakeholders.
• 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
• Online portfolio, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions, pixel-perfect UI assets, illustrations, strong typography, and proven industry experience building or working within design systems
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
|Employer||Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.|