|Category||Marketing & PR||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||East Palo Alto|
Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? As a member of the Containers Product Marketing team, you will partner with stakeholders across the product marketing and service teams to prioritize messaging and implement processes at scale that help us tell AWS's containers story to customers and partners worldwide. You will work closely with subject matter experts, product marketers, and content managers who are responsible for delivering messages to a large, globally distributed organization.
Strong preference for this position to be in Seattle WA, SF Bay Area, CA or Herndon, VA, but open to near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and manage effective processes that quickly scale the product marketing organization
• Ensure internal and external messaging and content is engaging, up-to-date, easily discoverable, and usable
• Drive collaboration with stakeholder teams
• Manage cross category and cross team organization and efficiency
• Initial areas of responsibility include the AWS Containers blog and container specific events (e.g. KubeCon)
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 6+ years work experience in marketing content management
• 2+ years experience in program management
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or similar field of study
• 2+ years of experience analyzing and pulling data from various data points
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals
• Customer-service orientation and creativity in problem solving
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.