|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Our team's mission is to build software that delivers high-profile beautiful, innovative and engaging customer experiences for brand advertising. As a Software Development Manager in the Brand Products and Solutions team, you'll manage an engineering team responsible for building customer-facing experiences that drive Amazon's most exciting and dynamic advertising products.
We're a distributed organization with a hybrid work model. Our team is based in Santa Monica and we're open to candidates in Greater Los Angeles area, including Anaheim and Irvine.
Key job responsibilities
• Own the technical planning, coordination, development and operation of advertising products and programs across multiple business verticals.
• Collaborate and execute integrated campaigns with teams in Amazon Ads and across Amazon and its subsidiaries (Retail, Music, Twitch, Whole Foods, Fresh, etc.) to plan, build and iterate-on projects with high impact and high visibility.
• Lead using lean practices that encourage experimentation and iteration
• Work with team engineers to develop and improve architectural and technology practices.
• Lead engineers to build software tools to scale and automate, reduce manual work and make technical tasks accessible to larger groups of Amazonians.
• Hire and develop the best, driving career development and promotions for members of your team.
• Apply engineering and leadership experience to build a culture of inclusion, innovation, quality and customer obsession.
A day in the life
As a Software Development Manager, you will manage a team of energetic, engaged and creative engineers. You will work directly with Product Managers, Creatives and Program Managers to define and refine business and functional requirements with an eye to great customer experiences. You will apply your technical expertise and leadership skills to organize and guide your team to solve difficult software problems in a fast-paced environment. You'll lead your team to create and execute-on tech goals, roadmaps and vision that deliver amazing customer experiences and inspire your engineers to build innovative, high-quality and operationally excellent software and systems.
About the team
At Amazon Brand Products & Solutions, we create products that Amazon customers and advertisers love. We are the "tip of the spear" for Amazon Ads; we collaborate with advertisers and teams across Amazon to discover and experiment with new ideas for advertising products. We deliver unique and innovative experiences to Amazon customers and measurable results to our advertiser partners. We design, build and iterate-on customer-centric advertising that surprises and delights our customers. Our products include beautiful, interactive Automotive showrooms, free product samples, eye-catching out-of-home ads and advertising that directly rewards Amazon customers for purchasing products and services or interacting with advertiser content. We're a dynamic, inclusive team that values collaboration, experimentation and thinking-big.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Demonstrated experience in Java and client-side technologies and be familiar with software development under UNIX/Linux.
• Has lead teams of 6+ people and scaled teams 25%-30% per year
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Has a track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike
• Has demonstrated the ability to hire and retain top performers, and lead a high performing team
• Has the ability to work at all levels in the organization, with no job being considered too large or small.
• This leader will be a strategic thinker and strong operator.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.