|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Within Global Customer Fulfilment (GCF), the North American Inbound Operations & Technology (IOT) is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to design and develop Machine learning and analytical solutions that will support initiatives to optimize Amazon's Supply Chain. GCF Organization is comprised of high-powered dynamic teams, which are shaping network execution through the development and application of innovative supply chain management concepts. Our goal is to improve and enhance the Amazon fulfillment network to drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will own the design, development, and management of large-scale DS/ML solutions that will support the team take advantage of new and existing business opportunities. You will work closely with Software developers, Data engineers, and Scientists to develop the Machine Learning (MLOps) pipelines to deploy the models into production. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse group of people and cross-functional teams to solve business problems through the delivery of highly accurate forecasting solutions. The position will have a lot of visibility and interaction opportunities across all the business levels.
The complexity of research and technical skills required for this role will involve development of end-to end fully automated ML products/services, expert knowledge of statistics and algorithm development, writing technical white papers, creating technical roadmaps, developing and supporting Machine Learning (ML) infrastructure, managing AWS services, and creating interactive visualization solutions. Writing high quality SQL using Amazon's wide variety of querying tools, strong coding skills in Python, and developing visualization dashboards to easily communicate your findings are critical technical skills.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of Amazon's supply chain and AWS's services and tools
• Work with Customers, Product Managers, Technology and Business teams, Engineers, and Leadership to identify and prioritize business problems
• Take the lead on large projects that span multiple teams for problems that are ambiguous, requiring both technical and domain expertise.
• Build ML and statistical models that provide inputs into key business processes; work in partnership with engineering teams to integrate models with existing tools/systems and drive full automation of end-to-end modelling workflow to initiate customer handoffs
• Conduct extensive research on the optimal ways to solve the problems and come up with novel ways/algorithms to deliver the desired result, resulting in significant impact to the downstream/upstream business processes.
• Collaborate with Software Developers (SDEs), Data Engineers (DEs), and Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to create data pipelines, and automate manual processes using scripting languages such as Python and Native AWS services
• Develop and provide analysis of actionable findings from key metrics or problems. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations
• Lead deep dive analysis of business problems, formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership
• Produce written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape the future of product development initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
• 8+ years' experience as a Data Scientist and knowledge of working with SQL and Python
• 8+ years of experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
• Master's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
• 4+ years' experience as a Data Scientist and knowledge of working with SQL and Python
• 4+ years of experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
• Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets to provide forecasting solutions that optimize business processes
• Industry experience within supply chain
• Advanced knowledge of data visualization and delivery tools such as Excel, Tableau, Quicksight, etc.
• Working knowledge with supply chain management concepts; inbound supply chain, visibility, forecasting, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education
• Proven problem-solving skills
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 120,900 - $160,000 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.