|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
Work hard and make history with Amazon's International Public Policy team. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations, NGOs and academia across numerous regulatory and policy issues, spanning policy, consumer and commercial environment.
The Public Policy Manager for sustainability will join a growing and dynamic public policy team working in India. Amazon has committed to achieve carbon neutrality by 2040 across our businesses, including our logistics and transportation networks. In this role, you will help Amazon meet that commitment by leading our policy engagement in India on sustainable transport, renewable energy, waste and the circular economy. You will also contribute to early thinking about new areas of work shaped by national priorities such as water conservation and local air quality. Your role includes tracking and shaping proposed regulation, communicating with internal business partners, contributing to a global policy team working on sustainability issues across the enterprise and supporting broader outreach programs, partnerships, and initiatives in support of sustainability business objectives.
You will work closely with Amazon's Public Policy, Public Relations, Sustainability, Legal, and Business functions to establish the public policy and advocacy agenda in India. You will monitor and report relevant legislative and regulatory activity, evaluate their potential impact, develop positions and execute advocacy strategies. You will draft collateral, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives. You will coordinate Amazon's engagement with relevant industry associations and wider coalitions, and manage consultancy support. You will facilitate high-level meetings with key policymakers, trade association executives, and other relevant stakeholders involving business leaders as necessary. With your policy colleagues covering sustainability in other countries, you will coordinate efforts to align business partners around policy positions so that our external messaging is consistent and we are leveraging the experiences and learning of our entire team. In addition to helping set goals for sustainability policy in India you will support enterprise wide policy planning and advocacy.
This role is based in New Delhi, India
• Bachelor's degree required (BA/BS preferred)
• 15+ years of relevant public policy and advocacy experience, and a keen working understanding of policy making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to sustainability policy.
• Written and spoken fluency in English and Hindi.
• A Master's Degree in law, public policy, business, sustainability, communications or similar graduate degree
• Strong knowledge of climate policy and the India policy environment in at least some of the key areas; i.e., renewable energy, sustainable transport, circular economy, waste reduction, plastics, biodiversity, sustainable governance, finance.
• Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate and political levels.
• Outstanding written communication skills, and a proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing.
• Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others.
• 15+ years of experience in government or representing a large, complex company or association.
• Ability to maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer.