|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
The Senior Public Policy Manager, Payments will be an integral part of the UK Public Policy Team. You will formulate, coordinate, and implement UK government engagement strategies to support our payments business, as well as drive engagement with UK and international regulators and intergovernmental organisations. You will also lead Amazon's engagement with relevant trade associations, and other stakeholders.
You will work closely with Amazon's international public policy team, public relations, legal, and payments business functions to establish the UK public policy and advocacy agenda. You will facilitate high-level meetings with key policymakers, association executives, and other relevant stakeholders involving business leaders as necessary. You will monitor and report relevant UK political and legislative developments, create positioning, draft collateral, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programmes, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
This position will be based in London. The Senior Manager will be willing to travel internationally.
• Extensive relevant experience of public policy and advocacy. This could be within public administration (government, regulators or institutions), private sector organisations, trade associations or non-governmental institutions
• A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to economic policy and regulation
• Master's Degree
• Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to existing and emerging payments frameworks in the UK and the EU
• Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate and political levels
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English, and proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing
• Significant experience in government or representing a large, complex company or association, preferably but not necessarily in fintech
• Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesise policy documents for internal and external customers
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Must demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen
• Ability to take general direction and produce specific results working independently. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, ability to reach out to a wide array of internal and external resources to obtain, process, and operationalise information and strategy
• Ability to use experience and data to assess and recommend a best course of action even in an ambiguous situation
• Proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organisation and cultures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.