|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Policy. The Senior Manager will join a growing, dynamic team and be able to enhance AWS' advocacy with policymakers in the Southern Cone (Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay). Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
The Senior Manager, AWS Public Policy Americas, will develop and execute strategic government affairs objectives for engagement on AWS business and policy priorities at all levels of government to support our growing business across the Southern Cone of Latin America. This position will lead government outreach and establish relationships with national and local policymakers, public officials and other relevant stakeholders across the region, including where we have existing operations and potential development, working closely with outside consultants and trade associations. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with key internal Amazon stakeholders, including the broader AWS Americas Public Policy team, the Amazon Consumer Public Policy team, and the AWS infrastructure, public sector and commercial sales, security, public relations, tax and legal teams. The candidate will assess and anticipate public policy matters, oversee and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives. The Senior Manager is responsible for building positive relationships across public and private sectors in the Southern Cone.
The position will involve a moderate amount of travel in the future and will be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Reporting to the Head of AWS Public Policy for Northern and Southern Cone Latin America, the Senior Manager Public Policy position will:
• Develop and execute government affairs advocacy objectives and public policy priorities on behalf AWS and our customers in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay;
• Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS infrastructure, commercial and public sector sales business teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals, and "go to market" strategies at state and local levels;
• Facilitate meetings at all levels between AWS executives, experts and key stakeholders, including policy makers and government leaders, industry associations, and alliance partners to promote and advocate for the company's public policy policies; and
• Leverage appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and policy organizations on behalf of AWS, and ensure appropriate utilization of outside consultants when necessary.
• A Bachelor's degree, as well as an advanced degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (e.g., Law, Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, Engineering, and a JD/LL.B or Master's degree preferred).
• 10 or more years of experience in government or corporate public policy, preferably in the Information Communications Technology (ICT) sector.
• Fluent in English and Spanish, spoken and written.
• Expert knowledge of the policy making process in key Southern Cone countries, including Argentina, including the mechanics of legislative policymaking process and procedures, effective lobbying techniques, and collaboration with other companies and trade groups.
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all corporate and political levels; create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging; and persuasively deliver messaging to relevant audiences.
• Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
• Self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
• Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers. Think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen. Ability to intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
• Strong skills in advocacy and using spoken and written rhetoric to persuade and inform.
• Experience working within government, companies, consultancies, trade associations, or international organizations on public policy issues.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation