|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Customer Trust Relations (CTR) organization works to ensure the public perception of Amazon's trustworthy customer experience mirrors the reality of the customer-obsessed tools our teams build to ensure customers have a trustworthy experience in our story every time with every product, whether purchased from Amazon or from the millions of sellers in our stores around the world.
An important part of CTR's charter is finding opportunities to engage thought-leaders, policymakers, and media on the trustworthiness of the store and improving public perception of the industry leading work our teams do on behalf of our customers. CTR also acts as an internal advocate to help teams increase positive perception of their work and a creative ideas engine for ways to improve external awareness and excitement around that work, as well as accelerating and strengthening third-party advocacy and partnerships to benefit customers and drive improvements within the retail industry.
We're looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial leader, with a deep understanding of business needs, high-value communications, and government or regulatory environments, to lead the global strategy for improved perception of the authentic reviews shared by customers in our stores. The candidate for this highly visible role is able to both define and execute the strategy, and thrives on delivering measurable results and impact. They are an excellent collaborator and leader who can inspire others, in both their direct organization, as well as more broadly, to take action. They are known for excellent judgement and external communications skills, and are comfortable with public engagements.
Key job responsibilities
• Developing and implementing a holistic global strategy focused on improving perception of the authentic reviews shared by customers on Amazon worldwide
• Shaping and driving an integrated project plan across multiple regions, topics, and issues that looks around corners to lead executives and business leaders to success
• Partnering with key internal stakeholders, including multiple public policy teams, PR, legal, and business teams and owners to gain buy-in and execute the strategy
• Building and strengthen relationships with third party organizations and advocacy groups, identifying new opportunities for partnership and launching those partnerships
• Embracing experimentation with storytelling and creative communications to educate and excite external partners
• Identifying and exploring any gaps between perception and reality, and influencing partner teams' roadmaps to deliver solutions
• Effectively cascading initiatives throughout the organization and across teams by setting a bold direction and energizing their team to follow and deliver quality results by defining, implementing, and monitoring effective mechanisms, processes, and metrics to measure success
• Attracting, engaging, and retaining a diverse team, as well as leading through others
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• MBA or other advanced degree
• Public affairs, public policy, government affairs, or media relations experience, especially with a focus on marketplaces
• Demonstrated track record of building successful third party advocacy and partnerships
• Ability to navigate and create structure around ambiguity; "can-do\" attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Proven experience making high judgement decisions and complex trade-offs in a high visibility situation
• Experience leading and managing diverse teams and third-party vendors, contractors, and advisors
• Experience supporting international and North America
• Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with an exemplary professional reputation in the industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.