|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager to lead teams responsible for the operation of Route 53 services within Amazon Dedicated Clouds that support government customers.
A successful candidate will be a manager with an established background in developing, operating and scaling platforms and services, hiring and growing extraordinary talent, have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
As a member of the Route 53 management team you will be a part of a group of more than 10 managers at different levels cooperatively working together, delivering for our customers. You will also work very closely with the centralized Amazon Dedicated Cloud team to understand the specific customer requirements, drive the required changes into Route 53 and structure your team to support the growth.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Location: Arlington or Herndon, VA
The candidate selected for this position must hold US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or Above.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field, or minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years combined of broad engineering experience required in one of the following areas: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments.
• 5 + years experience managing a team responsible for the leading the delivery of large-scale systems focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack in an Agile environment.
• US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or Above.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 1+ year relevant experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects
• Experience mentoring/training engineering community on complex technical issues
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.