|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
We can hire you into one of the following Amazon corporate office locations:
Research Triangle, NC / Jersey City, NJ / New York, NY / Arlington, VA / Seattle, WA / Ontario, CAN / Toronto, CAN
Our team designs and builds secure solutions, leads application security reviews, develops security automation and solves security challenges at massive scale. We are responsible for securing the infrastructure and software built and operated by engineering teams in Amazon Finance.
Key job responsibilities
• Conduct vulnerability analysis, mitigations, and incident response
• Perform security reviews
• Evaluate and recommend new security tooling and technologies
• Develop technologies for automated vulnerability detection
• Participate in security operations support
• Develop, interpret, and implement security policies and procedures
• Develop and deliver general security awareness training
A day in the life
Amazon FinTech Security is looking for a Security Engineer to defend critical Amazon financial applications. If you enjoy inventing, developing, and automating security tooling, this position will provide you with a unique opportunity to secure thousands of EC2 instances, hundreds of RDS databases, petabytes of data, and millions of lines of code. You will help defend critical Amazon financial applications and join a team that secures the applications and infrastructure used by hundreds of millions of customers every day.
• Experience conducting threat modeling, identifying system security vulnerabilities, and implementing remediation techniques
• Knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Development experience in Python, Java, C, or C++
• Experience with scripting (e.g., Ruby, Bash, Perl)
• 3+ years of experience with threat modeling, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration or network security
• Experience with hardware security, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Experience working with development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.