|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
\"Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As an SDET, you will help tackle a variety of technical challenges. You will work with research, engineering, Quality Assurance engineers and product management to define and implement the next generation of JWO Tech test tools and frameworks. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build automation, and work in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that frankly, haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Design and Develop the next generation of automation tools and frameworks
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Analyze JWO systems for test automation opportunities
Design and implement testing tools and frameworks for use by QA team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development.
• Troubleshooting/Debugging experience
• Able to think and act both strategically and tactically to deal with ambiguity, manage changing priorities, and influence others.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly and analytically, problem solving, scope business requirements, and prioritize work on projects.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical limitations and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills