|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced System Development Engineer to be part of the Arlington HQ2 based AWS AppConfig team.
AWS AppConfig is a brand new product that is changing the way customers think about systems configuration and code.
It all started a few years back when we identified a need to make configuration changes faster than traditional code deployments, but with the same operational scrutiny as code changes. So, we built a tool to address this need and now most teams across AWS, Amazon.com, Kindle, and Alexa use this configuration deployment system to perform changes dynamically in seconds, rather than minutes. A common question we receive from customers is how they can operate like us, so we committed to take this internal tool and launched AppConfig for customer use.
Engineers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
If you've ever wanted to show the impact one motivated Engineer can have and you want to work in an environment that will expose you to the absolute bleeding-edge of what's possible technologically, this is the position for you.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline OR 8+ years Systems Engineering experience in lieu of degree
• 5+ years experience with distributed systems (Linux, RHEL, CentOS, etc)
• 1+ years experience with scripting languages (perl, python, shell, etc)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on operational excellence
• Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions
• Experience in the development and rollout of technical operations processes and new services
• Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
• Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in large-scale Linux environment
• Experience with database technology, both relational and NoSQL
• Proficiency in one or more of Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash or Java.
• Working knowledge of agile development methods
• Working knowledge of data structures/algorithms
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.