|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help ensure our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of AWS to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security - Amazon Internal Auth team owns the internal authentication platform for Amazonians. Our team works with builders across Amazon to ensure we secure their applications through authentication. We dive deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale access control analysis.
You will join a team developing platform that use cutting-edge techniques to define and apply authentication for all Amazonions. You will take the lead in using this technology to drive security improvements across the company.
In this team, you have the opportunity to solve security outcome relating to authentication at scale. You also have the opportunity to define the authentication workflow that would impact all internal users inside Amazon. You will also be the security owner for the tools and services that the team develops and raise the security bar for the team.
Key job responsibilities
• Identify the most pressing security problems that are amenable to automatic detection. Work with your team to implement new detection techniques and tools.
• Ensure that detected security issues are treated with a level of urgency that reflects their true risk.
• Investigate security issues and identify opportunities for detecting or preventing similar issues with automation.
• Provide guidance to the developers on secure coding and development practices.
• Identify and drive new initiatives relating the authentication and access control addressing the critical problems of today and the future
• Work with developers to ensure that the automatic detection of security issues fits with overall development practices.
A day in the life
You will work with limited guidance in the face of ambiguity. You will take a long-term view of your team's processes and software. You will work backwards from the needs of AWS customers to identify the right goals for your team. You will accomplish those goals by leveraging your team's skills and technology, and by influencing the teams around you.
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we are not focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we are happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 6+ years' experience in software security.
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• Passion for Internet security issues and the threat landscape for popular software and services.
• Solid understanding of source code, what vulnerable code looks like, and how to fix it.
• Knowledge of programming languages (including syntax, semantics, compilers, type checking, virtual machines), especially in a security context.
• Experience with authentication and access control infrastructure
• Understanding of web application security issues like XSS, CSRF, and SSRF.
• Experience driving security improvements in a large organization.
• A data-driven and quantitative mentality; an ability to support ideas with evidence.
• Experience with agile development, DevOps, or similar methodologies for CI/CD and the common software that enable them.
• Experience with AWS or similar enterprise cloud computing platforms.
• Experience with full-stack (Linux / Unix) software architectures from UI to infrastructure.
• Experience with reverse engineering or vulnerability research.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.\\
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.