|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Region Services Corporate Infrastructure Team is looking for an experienced Windows Systems Engineer with a strong Windows-focused infrastructure and operational background. Our mission is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers in support of the Amazon Dedicated Cloud for U.S. Government customers. We are looking for a motivated engineer to deliver results for our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will have a strong and diverse technical background that allows you to approach problems with confidence and ingenuity. You must be a "lifelong learner", embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products. A successful Windows Systems Engineer will drive the design and implementation of new services, find ways to improve and automate our existing services, and provide escalation and mentoring for junior team members. This position is also great for those seeking cross-over opportunities for Linux. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you!
This position available onsite at Herndon, VA., Arlington, VA., Denver, CO., Seattle, WA., and Maryland. Some sites may offer partial remote work.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• 2+ years experience with systems administration in Windows
• 2+ years experience in 24x7 production environments
• 2+ years experience in one or more of the following disciplines: MS Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory, Skype, Win10, Windows Server 2012 or beyond
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Demonstrable track record dealing w/ ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills necessary to create and collaborate with others with regard to technical documentation such as: Standard Operating Procedures, Run-books, Job Sheets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.