|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Excited about robotics, and how it will be used in our every day lives? The Amazon Consumer Robotics group is pushing the boundaries of what's possible, making the future closer than ever.
Astro is Amazon's first household robot to use AI and Intelligent Motion to gracefully and intuitively interact with people and spaces. It is a different kind of robot, one that's designed to help customers with a range of tasks like home monitoring and keeping in touch with family. It brings together new advancements in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor technology, voice and edge computing in a package that's designed to be helpful and convenient. What will you help us create?
We are seeking a highly motivated Quality Assurance Analyst(QAA) to join our Devices team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with internal customers (Hardware, Software, Product teams) for tool testing and provide technical support to teams. As a QAA on the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
• Work with hardware and software teams to create test plans and test cases
• Running test cases on devices - such as executing use case scenario based testing.
• Write, read, run, and enhance test scripts in collaboration with Software teams
• Execute test cases in the field and interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
• Travel to different locations in bay area and others to support collection
• Support projects including setup and verification of all system components, trouble-shooting during set-up and live sessions, and ensure integrity and upload, metrics reporting tasks and processes, and document best practices
• Provide technical support to the field operation or trials team.
• Apply knowledge of wireless and networking technologies, mobile devices, and quality assurance practices to ensure that connected devices meet all target requirements
• Gaining knowledge of the features and detailed functional requirements of the work well enough to execute your assigned tests
• Work indoor/outdoor 3-5 days per week in the field, traveling to multiple sites within 50 miles (this is not a work from home role)
• Lift 25lbs when needed
May need to shift working hours or dates depending on the project needs
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Experience with writing the test plans, use cases, and issue reports
• Excellent and proven Troubleshooting skills
• Experience working with and Software teams for setting up, testing, and troubleshooting prototype devices
• Experience configuring, deploying and testing software updates including ability to identify issues and escalate to development as appropriate
• Experience coding and scripting in /perl/Bash/Java
• Experience with Ubuntu
• Experience in running user trials, beta, field testing or collecting customer feedback.
• Familiar with Jenkins build Environment
• Familiarity with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and networking
• Hands-on experience in testing /Android-based devices
• Proven track record of using to analyze issues, make decisions, and generate various solutions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional attention to detail, ability to follow through, and strong organizational skills
• Experience testing in a Consumer Electronics lab or field environment
• Experience in /Unix environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.