|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Employer: Amazon Web Services Inc.
Position: Data Architect, Data Warehouse & MPP
Location: Herndon, VA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects.
2. Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Redshift, Database Migration Service, Glue, EMR, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), S3, Relational Database Service (RDS)/aurora, and Amazon Kinesis.
3. Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers.
4. Participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth (AoD) programs, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs/whitepaper and creating packaged data service offerings.
5. Assess and optimize customers Amazon Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
6. Domestic travel required 50% of the time.
A master's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related discipline and 2 years of experience in software engineering.
In the alternative, a bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related discipline followed by 5 progressively responsible years of experience in software engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.