|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Sponsored Ads is one of the fastest growing business domains and we are looking for talented scientists to join this team of incredible scientists to contribute to this growth. We are still in Day 1 and there is an abundance of opportunities that are yet to be explored. We are a team of highly motivated and collaborative team of machine learning and data scientists, with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. We have a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, and we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. Sponsored Products (SP) Bids and Budgets team is focussed on helping advertisers set their campaign bids and budgets in an optimized fashion. The team owns optimization and recommendation systems that provide advertisers with controls as well as guidance to set optimal budgets. These services are powered by backend machine learning algorithms that interact and build upon a wide range of components such as CTR prediction, dynamic pricing, ranking, ad relevance, ad quality, query understanding, recommendation systems, and much more. Our technology enables thousands of brands, vendors, sellers and authors to drive discovery and sales of their products across millions of customers.
We are looking for an Data Scientist to build the next generation of optimization and recommendation services for advertisers. You will be expected to demonstrate strong ownership, and should be curious to learn and leverage multi-modal data (textual, image, etc.) to help advertisers optimize their performance. This role specifically will focus on building data science systems for bids and budgets. This role will challenge you to utilize cutting edge machine learning techniques in the domain of multi armed bandits, reinforcement learning, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, and image recognition to deliver significant impact for the business. The ideal candidates should be able to work cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, synthesize the science needs of our advertisers, develop models to solve business needs, and implement solutions in production. Hence, we would expect them to be independent, have a natural bias to action, strong communication skills, and be agile to make continuous incremental progress on a project without losing focus of the end goal.
As a Senior Data Scientist on this team you will:
• Lead full life-cycle Data Science solutions from beginning to end.
• Deliver with independence on challenging large-scale problems with complexity and ambiguity.
• Write code (Python, R, Scala, SQL, etc.) to obtain, manipulate, and analyze data.
• Build Machine Learning and statistical models to solve specific business problems.
• Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
• Analyze historical data to identify trends and support optimal decision making.
• Apply statistical and machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
• Formalize assumptions about how our systems should work, create statistical definitions of outliers, and develop methods to systematically identify outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
• Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
• Build decision-making models and propose effective solutions for the business problems you define.
• Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon's Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
• Experience in as many of the following areas: causal inferencing, multi-variate testing & design, A/B testing & design, descriptive analytics, and regression analysis.
• Good understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning models.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative field.
• Broad knowledge of ML methods, statistical analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Expert level knowledge in statistics; sophisticated user of statistical tools.
• Experience in data applications using large scale distributed systems (e.g. EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Pig, and Hive).
• Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (hundreds of millions/billions of rows) of data
• Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer's organization.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to advocate technical solutions for science, engineering, and business audiences.
• Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling, use effective baselines, and accurately determine cause-and-effect relations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.