|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS Industry Products is a new AWS engineering organization chartered to build new AWS products by applying Amazon's innovation mechanisms along with AWS digital technologies to real world industry problems. We dive deep with industry leaders to solve problems and unblock industries, enabling them to capitalize on new digital business models. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to both develop advanced scientific solutions and drive critical customer, partner, and business impacts. Your team will drive end-to-end solutions from understanding our business requirements, exploring a large amount of historical data, building prototypes and exploring conceptually new solutions, to working with partner teams for prod deployment. You will collaborate closely with engineering peers as well as business stakeholders. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS Industry Products Supply Chain solutions.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable working with cross-functional teams and systems. Your team will be responsible for researching, prototyping, experimenting, and analyzing predictive models and getting them to production.
• Hire excellent science talent, mentor them and lay a clear growth path for your team
• Research and develop new methodologies for demand forecasting and price modeling.
• Improve upon existing methodologies by adding new data sources and implementing model enhancements.
• Drive scalable solutions.
• Create and track accuracy and performance metrics (both technical and business metrics).
• Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists, engineers and business leaders.
• Drive best practices on the team; mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
Building a High-Performing & Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building
Mentorship & Career Growth
You will be attracting & developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results through others is your primary responsibility, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
We will consider candidate placement in:
Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, the Boston Metro area, and other East Coast locations in North America.
• Master's Degree in a quantitative discipline
• 10+ years of experience in a quantitative field
• 5+ years of people management experience, leading a science team
• Strong analytical skills.
• 10+ years of experience of building predictive models for business and proficiency in model development and model validation.
• Experience managing data pipelines for data ingestion
• Experience working with software development teams and taking models to production
• Experience managing business stakeholders across organizations
• Strong communication skills
• PhD in a quantitative discipline
• Experience with time series modeling and machine learning forecasting.
• Experience with supply chain methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.