|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS' Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
The successful candidate must be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with high attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Candidates must have excellent analytical capabilities, program management experience, be comfortable diving deep into data, have strong writing skills, lead executive-level reviews, and communicate effectively.
The ideal candidate will not only raise the bar on driving schedules and deep diving into data, but is a person who actively participates with a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end, and has a track record of using data to influence decision makers.
In this role, you will:
• Develop mechanism to generate constraint-based manufacturing schedule.
• Evaluate internal requirement for MRP/MPS systems and work with the development team to ensure requirements are correctly captured and reflected in the output.
• Develop balance between existing and future demand needs with manufacturing and vendors to deliver to demand requirements.
• Review un-forecasted demand and provide practical promise dates to internal customers.
• Evaluate & resolve reasons for schedule/promise date volatility.
• Prepare reports required to facilitate optimal execution of supply chain.
• Monitor inventory level, take advantage of conversion opportunity & provide guidance of disposition plan for E&O.
- Drive continuous improvement programs: lead time, cost, quality, capacity, agility, efficiency Successful candidates will:
Successful candidates will:
• Be data driven
• Able to reconcile/manipulate multiple sources of info & digest into tangible output
• Has expert knowledge of MRP systems/logics
• Able to deal with ambiguity
• Bachelor's or an advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field.
• 6+ years of work experience in supply chain, planning, procurement, manufacturing or 4+ years with an advanced degree.
• 3+ years of experience with data, analytics, and analytical tools
• 2+ years with supply chain process automation experience in these areas: new product introduction, forecast/demand/supply/capacity planning, fulfillment delivery, and supplier management
• MBA or advanced degree in engineering, supply chain or other quantitative disciplines.
• Experience in data centers, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company.
• Global Supply Chain Experience
• Fluent in multiple languages preferred
• 10+ years of relevant supply chain experience
• Understanding of the implications of different operational choices to guide teams and leadership to best solutions for the organization
• Analytical skills with a high degree of proficiency in data mining.
• Able to model supply chain strategies to define cost and performance impacts, trade-offs, and risks
• Ability to think big and drive innovation throughout the supply chain
• Must be analytical and have a passion for diving deep
• Effectively communicate relevant information at all levels of the organization
• leadership and coaching skills
• Has created an innovative global supply strategy for the organization resulting in a tangible benefit to the business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.