|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Envision Engineering is looking for builders with a passion for architecting solutions that accelerate our customers' ability to innovate on our platform. Envision Engineering provides customers the opportunity to rapidly experiment with ideas that could become the basis for new products or services running on the AWS cloud. In the best cases the customer will successfully take the prototype to production. In all cases our customers will experience what's possible on AWS and gain the confidence to create a culture of innovation in their own organization. Based on direct customer feedback and industry trends, we also build packaged solutions that can be leveraged by our sales field to unblock industries and enable customer use cases.
We are looking for builders who are comfortable operating with multiple languages and frameworks to develop prototypes and packaged solutions in emerging technology areas such as AI/ML, compute at the edge, robotics, and spatial computing. You will be at the forefront of working with industry experts, partners and customers to architect, create and validate these solutions among a broad swath of customers in a variety of industries. You will leverage the breadth and depth of AWS services to rapidly develop solutions using modern application architectural principles. With the exposure you will get to emerging technology and business trends you will provide thought leadership in the form of publicly shared design patterns, blogs, whitepapers, and reusable assets (i.e. reusable packaged code).\u2028\u2028
As a member of the core sales team, you will drive revenue growth across a defined set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand and implement best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.\u2028\u2028Here are some other qualities we're looking for:
• At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and be eager to make a big impact.
• You are intellectually curious and enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed while developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
• You have an area of focus where you are a subject matter expert such as analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, security, some facet of big data ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop), or database expertise.
• Understand and anticipate our customers business needs and accelerate their ability to innovate by building working prototypes and industry specific solutions
• Drive the AWS platform by aligning customer requirements with AWS service teams' roadmaps
• Identify and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community and beyond through industry conferences and events
• Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, blogs, etc
• Position requires travel -- generally 25%
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
• 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
• 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
• Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
• 8+ years programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C# or Python
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between
• Working knowledge and experience in server application development of online games
• Working knowledge and experience in game development with game engines (Unreal Engine 4, Unity, or Lumberyard)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements (i.e. working prototype solutions, POCs)
• Ability to deliver high quality documents paying attention to detail
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and engineers
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to right level the conversation
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly