|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - New York|
Would you like to engage with senior technical and business leaders of enterprises to help them achieve increased agility and create significant business value by migrating to AWS? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of mainframe to cloud migration projects? Do you have experience leading technical strategy and enterprise architecture across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring a Senior Solutions Architect - Mainframe Migration to work alongside our enterprise account teams to help customers accelerate their cloud migration journey. Our team works hand-in-hand with the extended account team, bringing to bear deep expertise. We support large, complex, multi-national organizations that require creative solutions to migrate and modernize advanced, distributed workloads.
At the onset of a large migration engagement, Mainframe Migration Solutions Architects focus on understanding customer business drivers as well as the existing datacenter architecture to deliver a Cloud readiness assessment to the customer. Mainframe Migration Solutions Architects then use these inputs to design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations, as well as help build the overall migration plan.
The Senior Solutions Architect - Mainframe Migration collaborates with Business Development, Professional Services, and our Partner teams to ensure successful management of customer progression through programs like the Migration Acceleration Program. The Senior Solutions Architect - Mainframe Migration must have the ability to showcase hands-on technical credibility with technical leaders, and acts as a mentor to other Solutions Architects on migration best practices. As a thought leader, the Solutions Architect observes and shares trends and best practices through speaking engagements at conferences, blog posts, white papers, and code samples.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Leading the conversation on mainframe migration & modernization with large AWS customers
• Managing disparate senior stakeholders within customer environments to deliver consensus and drive outcomes on the AWS platform
• Directing AWS Solutions Architects, Sales and Partner teams across multiple engagements within each customer to drive targeted outcomes and consistent advice and outcomes
• Working with customers to resolve complex core business migration & modernization concerns with the AWS platform through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations and recommendations, and hands on demonstrations in the AWS environment
• Developing industry leading mainframe-related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
• Assisting the AWS mainframe team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS mainframe programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics
• Being and remaining connected with industry trends and events primarily in USA/EMEA, but also throughout the world as it relates to mainframe migration & modernization
• Keeping the AWS leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
• 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
• 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
• Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
• 7+ yrs experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of large scale Mainframe Migration solutions.
• 7+ years of experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM.
• 5+ years of experience migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud.
• 5+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers
• Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools.
• Ability to articulate Business Case and Total Cost of Ownership associated with legacy migration to the cloud
• Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 30% travel requirement. Open to East Coast locations.
• Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support to include the following: experience migrating, architecting, operating on premises or cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• 5+ years across Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating models, Software design or development
• 5+ years of experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability
• Knowledge and experience with AS400, CL, RPG and Legacy Unix platforms such as AIX, HP-UX, or Solaris
• Experience working with major system integrators
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.