|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|State||District of Columbia|
Would you like to drive revenue for the leader in cloud computing? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Do you have the business acumen, cloud sales experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider? Amazon Web Services is expanding in the U.S. GovTech market. These GovTech accounts are commercial ISV companies that focus on the State and Local market space. Our region within AWS offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
This position is for a Sr. Account Manager covering a territory within the US GovTech Region. As an Account Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) you will have the opportunity to help drive the adoption and growth of emerging cloud-based technologies with these GovTech accounts. More importantly, through these accounts you'll help government customers transform their IT services and significantly improve the citizen experience . Your responsibilities will include helping develop and manage this fast growing customer/partner as part of a team. You will deepen business and technical relationships and launch new customer services by helping to define, identify and pursue key opportunities within the account. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies and collaborating with AWS Solution Architects, vertical leads, Professional Services, Partner Teams, Legal, Marketing, Product, Capture/Contracts and Executive leadership.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer's goals and environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with customers and partners. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about government priorities and technical challenges and to convey compelling technical solutions to them.
In this role, you will:
• Drive revenue and market share within the territory.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team, helping to advance our market and technical strategy.
• Articulate and implement strategic territory and account plans aligned to AWS's strategic direction.
• Understand the technical considerations, certifications, and procurement processes specific to the public sector.
• Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating a relevant value proposition for you customer.
• Work closely with the customer to ensure that they understand relevant cloud use cases, are successful using AWS services, and are able to build the technical resources required to fully embrace cloud services.
• Understand the technical requirements of your customers/partners and work closely with their IT development team(s) to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
• Collaborate with AWS's Legal team and others to manage complex contract negotiations.
• Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
• Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies that align with revenue growth expectations.
• Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Expect 50% travel
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of technology sales experience selling enterprise software, networking, infrastructure, managed hosting services, or cloud computing services.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated history of consistently exceeding sales quota.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.