|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
Are you interested in jumping into the driver's seat of our sensational Fire TV products?
We have a unique position for an experienced, highly technical, and visionary program manager in the Fire TV team. Our challenge is to give customers a compelling, secure, and robust experience with a steady flow of engaging new features throughout the lifetime of the device, and to do all this without the experience ever skipping a beat. We're looking for the person to help us continually rethink how to do these things in a highly data-centric, seamless and elegant fashion.
In this role, you'll work across many groups and get broad exposure to the entire business. From software engineering to sales, product marketing to customer service, from hardware engineering to operating system, and the myriad teams throughout Amazon that are writing code for user experiences on the devices. We sit at the center of the product and have incredible breadth of impact and opportunity. At the same time, in the midst of this big organization you will get the opportunity to have true ownership and effect real change to the product and the business.
In this position you will get a chance work with and coordinate work across many different groups of stakeholders, dive deep to understand the underlying technologies influence technical architecture/design decisions, advocate for awesome user experiences and always be inventing a better way to do things.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
• 7+ years of technical program/project management experience
• Experience managing large scale software/hardware development projects
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff
• Familiarity with Atlassian products, including Jira and Confluence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to solve complex problems through research and analysis
• Masters degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or MBA
• Experience in consumer device space
• Experience working with manufacturing 3rd parties
• Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses
• At least two years of software engineering, data science, or systems engineering experience
• Experience defining programs, writing detailed functional specifications, and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.