|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
Have you ever wondered how Amazon operates its workforce to power the largest and most advanced fulfillment operation in the world? Operating a workforce at Amazon's scale demands intelligent systems to ensure that we can innovate and optimize with increasing efficiency as our fulfillment network grows.
As our Fulfillment Center Network expands at a rapid pace, the need to effectively train and coach our associates becomes crucial as the workforce expands. We are building a platform that integrates with our robotics technology, and provides standardized training and delivering of real-time coaching for our fulfillment center associates across the world, using the latest and greatest technologies available.
At Amazon, you are empowered to own your success and the success of the team. We operate like a small business within the larger Amazon ecosystem. Our team is able to focus on adding value for our customers without the headaches of infrastructure, external testing teams or other overhead. We have full ownership of our delivery pipeline so the team can ship to production in hours, not weeks or months.
A commitment to working with clients, breaking down requirements for the technical team, and overseeing successful delivery of software are absolute requirements. If you have that type of expertise, you enjoy working with stakeholders and across multiple technology teams, are a natural organizer, and motivated to think big and build systems that can impact Amazon at a global scale, then we want to talk to you!
We're looking for a top notch program manager to build new services from the ground up or expand existing services. We are looking for a leader who delivers innovative capabilities through a collaborative work with engineering and senior leadership. We are looking for a self driven champion who is able to own projects and features and drive them to completion.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Interact with project sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex features in the cloud
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large complex cross-functional projects
• Working closely with product management and stakeholders to take use cases and requirements and turn them into successful projects
• End-to-end ownership of the metrics & goals that define success - own the product experience to drive the growth to achieve yearly targets
• Proposing features and working with the development team to understand how to make them happen
• Support deep dive of business requirements to fully understand what and how we built it our product
• Continuously drive improvements to existing systems
• Launching product features, beta programs, change management
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years experience in a technical project management or related role
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence, analytical and leadership skills essential to successful program management
• Detail-oriented, with strong prioritization skills and a strong bias for action
• Ability to work independently and demonstrated excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple easy to digest documents
• Established track record of managing cross functional, inter disciplinary projects
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals
• Deep knowledge of service-oriented architecture, components and software development (Computer Science, Algorithms, System Design)
• Track record of successful project management and release models
• Experience in workforce or process management
• Experience choosing between cloud technology options
• Experience in estimating effort, risks and options for evolving full stack technology solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter