|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. We are growing quickly and dynamically, including in our global data center footprint. This role is part of the AWS Infrastructure Global Expansion team, which is responsible for strategy and planning for geographic expansion and capacity planning of data center and network infrastructure.
In this role, you will manage a team that is responsible for capacity planning of edge infrastructure. You will own the expansion strategy for edge deployments and points of presence. You will work across teams to determine how to move forward key infrastructure builds, and balance the optimization for performance, cost, and time to build. You will frequently be on the forefront of implementing new technical solutions and product lines, and will operate independently to help define the deployment models and capacity plans of these solutions.
This person should have the knowledge and acumen to understand many of the technical concepts ( Power density, network topology/architecture etc.) across different AWS Infrastructure elements (edge locations , transit centers, wavelength zones as well as local zones). We are looking for someone who will be comfortable working cross-functionally with all infra teams to include colocation business development, Network/Service Engineering, Delivery, Finance and BI/Analytics team. This person will also need to be knowledgeable with financial/cost modeling and P&L development, in driving business decisions. This person should be able to identify gaps/opportunities within or between edge locations, architectures, and organizations (e.g., services, networking, tooling) to satisfy the needs of program/product customers
• Manage a global team across different time zones who are responsible for detailed deployment plans and strategies
• Project/Program management around edge infrastructure demand assessment including analysis of how hardware architecture or product changes impact capacity.
• Provide thought leadership around BI/Analytics/reporting required to track all supply levers and ensuring capacity constraints are identified, tracked and incorporated into capacity planning
• Partner with internal teams to develop prioritization, metrics, and processes around capacity planning
• Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years' experience in people management
• 5+ years' experience in a cross-functional business strategy role
• 5+ years' experience in network or data center design, development, or procurement
• Knowledge of network design principles and commercial models around network capacity procurement
• MS, MBA, JD, or other advanced degree
• Demonstrated ability to develop capacity plans for new products or geographic expansions.
• Experience influencing executive leadership
• Demonstrated ability to learn and master new technical subject-matter
• Excellent writing ability
• Experience working with international teams
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us