|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
Come and join Amazon EC2 as a Technical Program Manager and be a part of a team building the foundation of the Amazon EC2 virtualization platforms. Our teams are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Amazon hypervisors and Linux Kernels that make up the engine of the Amazon EC2 compute servers. The Amazon Development Centre in Dresden is home to teams who also own the development and support of the Linux operating system Kernel and the supporting user space components running on almost every Amazon Server worldwide.
If you are passionate about managing the development of solutions that reach millions of people, there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day. What is Amazon EC2? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
We are looking for an experiened Project Manager to work with the teams that develop the lowest layer of Amazon EC2 software stack, touching the Linux kernel and our Hypervisors.
Are you interested in leading complex, cross-organizational projects that build the very core of one of the largest cloud platforms? EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) redefines the fundamental economics of large scale computing. The Kernel and Operating System team creates the heart of EC2, the actual virtual compute instance definitions and Amazon Linux, the operating system for our cloud. We constantly push boundaries to offer our customers the most innovative, cost-effective compute products.
You'll manage our portfolio of projects. These require coordination across several developer teams, and are large impact projects with visibility to the highest levels of the company. You'll need to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and tooling improvements to drive greater transparency and efficiency.
You must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including hardware, software, and network engineering as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
• Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps and drive overall new product introduction schedules
• Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical\u2028constraints
• Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management
• Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality
Our team gives high value to work-life harmony. Due to Covid-19, our team currently works largely from home and ensures that core working hours remain friendly to family and social life.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Experienced and senior members enjoy mentorship and knowledge sharing so that new members are on-boarded soon.
We take care of employee career growth by taking care of project and task assignment based on interest and skill. We ensure that all the engineers get equal opportunities and solve complex problems of future.
Inclusive Team Culture
We believe in attracting, developing and retaining talent from diverse backgrounds. We value different perspectives and looking for team players who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated and works effectively with team of diverse peers.
Check out this video to see what the office looks like and how beautiful the Dresden area is: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
• 5+ years of applicable project management, or similar business experience
• Experience with agile techniques
• Demonstrable experience developing and implementing process improvements
• Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs and ability to set and hold teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables
• Basic programming skills in Ruby, Python or Perl
• Experience with Linux and ability to write command line scripts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates