|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle? Do you like to be creative, solving challenges with innovative ideas? Are you excited by opportunities to work across multiple teams that support the U.S. Intelligence Community? Do you feel passionate about developing data analysis that inform the business strategies through short term and long term models?
The mission of the Corporate Infrastructure Team to own and drive strategic, operational and tactical initiatives that improve US Amazon Dedicated Cloud (ADC) operations by planning, designing, operating, and managing Remote Management Facilities (RMFs). This team is looking for an experienced manager with excellent management, analytical skills, and strong business acumen to develop team members to implement a demand and supply planning tools and mechanisms in a fast-paced and innovative environment, at a global scale. This role requires someone with strong relationship building skills who will work with stakeholders on strategic planning/projects within Region Services organization. Some examples of project work may include support of short-term and long-term Region Services ADC RMF facilities strategy; planning models development, input forecasting and general project evaluations for Region Services costs, quality, scale, flexibility and business continuity. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytic background that enables him/her to manage global workforce planning, a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about staffing and facility build initiatives and the ability to persuade executives to build consensus on objectives.
• Manage a team of direct reports
• Create a reliable and effective short and long term capacity plan for the RMF facilities spread across the U.S.
• Optimize seating capacity for the business by balancing customer experience, service levels, employee experience, operational flexibility, and cost effectiveness.
• Build and maintain tools that reliably reflect the end-customer experience
• Partner with recruiting, business leaders, forecasting team, training and change management programs to ensure alignment
• Create new reporting & analytic opportunities by analyzing and understanding key planning processes
• Document writing and presentations up to the director level
The ideal candidate is exceptionally analytical and has a continuous improvement mindset. They have program management skill sets and a strong communicator (verbally and written) to collaborate to solve cross-organization challenges creatively.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must be willing to obtain or currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years experience building databases (e.g., SQL, Excel or equivalent)
• 7+ years experience in financial/business analysis
• 7+ years managing multiple large scale/complex programs
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment while delivering results.
• Currently holds active PMP and/or PGMP certification or willing to obtain one within 12 months of employment
• Master's Degree
• Operations Management background
• Capacity Planning experience
• Programming experience to automate tools whenever appropriate is a plus
• Database Administration skills
• Proven experience applying Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
• Knowledge of QuickSight/Tableu
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Program Management Professional (PGMP)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.