|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
This is an exciting opportunity to join the RiskTech team during its early stages to help build & configure software tools that automate and transform work for our customers. We build and buy insurance technology automation solutions and are looking for an experienced application analyst to help architect, configure, and manage our Risk Management Information System (RMIS), Origami Risk, for Amazon's Global Risk Management Team. This system centralizes high-impact data sources and automates all claims processing, premiums, and policies across 25+ insurance and risk programs.
Amazon uses Origami Risk, global leaders in Risk Management software. As a system analyst, you will drive architectural, configuration, and design choices, recommend new features, optimize programs and build a scalable, performance-driven RMIS. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect this person to take a high level of ownership to enhance our technical architecture and deliver on time.
Key job responsibilities
As an Application Analyst, you will be innovative and have excellent problem solving, analytical, and technical leadership skills. You will be customer obsessed and will work closely with Origami users, Product Management, Technical Program Management, FinTech Treasury Central, and Origami's Support team to design, build and extend Origami features and associated modules.
This person will work with our Insurance Risk & Claims customers to take use cases and build technical specifications that lead to configuration changes in the system. Work to modify standard forms, reports, and workflows while also developing new ones. Manage and enhance multiple interfaces in and out of Origami, including HR data, Amazon location data, Third Party Associate (TPA) Data, General Ledger, and others. Provide end user support and problem resolution to our customers. They have extensive experience in simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges with a focus on implementing front-end best principles and practices.
This role will work closely with an external vendor and TPM's for select project management support. As the application analyst, they will oversee and own the overall feature set of Origami Risk.
Travel 5-10% as required.
A day in the life
An Origami Application Analyst starts their day making sure the system is ready for our customers, we are customer obsessed! We manage, implement, & troubleshoot daily, weekly, and monthly data feeds into Origami. We meet with customers to learn about current issues, automation ideas, or configuration feature requests. Some days we tinker, some days we Think Big, some days we are diving deep into data. Each day at Amazon is Day1 for Origami Risk.
About the team
RiskTech is a new startup within Amazon's Treasury Tech team. We serve 200+ internal Amazon customers in Amazon's Global Risk Management team and build and buy insurance technology automation solutions seeking to not only minimize manual processes, but also think about how to raise the technology bar
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field and eight years of experience in a related occupation; or Master's degree and four years of experience.
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Experience with Data modeling, structures, and design.
• Previous experience with management or administration of SaaS applications.
• Experience with system performance tuning.
• Proficient in any object-oriented programming languages such as SQL/HTML/Java.
• Exceptional customer obsession and excellent expectation management abilities.
• Must have obsession to work collaboratively for customer goals.
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
• Solid operational excellence skills.
• Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
• Prior experience with Risk Management Information Systems, or insurance-related technical solutions.
• Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
• Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.