|Category||PR||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our Field Communications Team.
As a Regional PR Specialist, you will help manage strategic external communications for Amazon at the hyperlocal level, specifically in New York. The ideal candidate would be based in this geographic area with an ability to travel regularly to other Amazon sites across the region, and have established relationships, or the ability to quickly establish relationships, with local media, stakeholders, and community leaders.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, and a talent for collaboration. You should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines, and be comfortable and confident as an on the record spokesperson and the face of Amazon in your territory. Creativity and flexibility are a must, as well as knack for jumping in on projects where needed.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and manage the execution of external media engagement programs in cities with Amazon sites, such as high-visibility building milestone events, community donations with local elected officials, press facility tours and filming opportunities, and other media relations activities
• Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
• Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
• Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials for Amazon's operations business
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
• Build and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media - both national and local in audience
• Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of public relations experience engaging directly with media
• Understanding of established and emerging social media platforms
• Exemplary written and oral communications skills
• Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
• Think and communicate clearly - the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
• Work hard and smart
• Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.