|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners grows incremental sales of their products sold on Amazon through native advertising. SP achieves this by optimizing systems and ad placements to match advertiser demand with publisher supply using a combination of machine learning, big data analytics, ultra-low latency high-volume engineering systems, and quantitative product focus. Our goals are to help buyers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and to build a major, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers.
As a Data Scientist on this team, you will:
• Solve real-world problems by getting and analyzing large amounts of data, diving deep to identify business insights and opportunities, design simulations and experiments, developing statistical and ML models by tailoring to business needs, and collaborating with Scientists, Engineers, BIE's, and Product Managers.
• Write code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) to analyze data and build statistical models to solve specific business problems.
• Apply statistical and machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
• Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you define.
• Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
• Analyze historical data to identify trends and support optimal decision making.
• Formalize assumptions about how our systems are expected to work, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
• Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
• Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon's Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 2 years working as a Data Scientist
• Experience in as many of the following areas: causal inferencing, multi-variate testing & design, A/B testing & design, descriptive analytics, and regression analysis.
• Good understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning models.
• Expert level knowledge in statistics; sophisticated user of statistical tools.
• Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (hundreds of millions/billions of rows) of data
• Experience in data applications using large scale distributed systems (e.g. EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Pig, and Hive).
• Broad knowledge of f ML methods, statistical analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer's organization.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to advocate technical solutions for science, engineering, and business audiences.
• Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling, use effective baselines, and accurately determine cause-and-effect relations.
• Experience in computational advertising is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/e