|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - Washington|
Amazon is one of the most-loved brands in the US. This Data Scientist will help pinpoint how Amazon can continue to delight customers through creation of customer segmentation and marketing ML products. We are the Data and Insights team, and we serve the Lifecycle Engagement and North American Marketing teams. Our high-visibility work informs strategies that encourage customers to choose Amazon for their day-to-day shopping needs.
Our team is a blended data team. You will have teammates in various data disciplines, spanning science, engineering, and product management. The Data and Insights team focuses on a few core areas 1) We identify trends in customer behavior using analytical and Data Science techniques. 2) We design automated reporting using AWS technologies and Business Intelligence tools, 3) we create data products like customer segments and propensity models to be used by marketers across all of Amazon, and 4) we create marketing measurement tools and frameworks in hard-to-measure channels.
We are a team in a new space, but with broad reach, which brings the opportunity to invent and make an outsized impact with your work. We have deep partnerships with other science organizations at Amazon, and leverage partnerships to drive adoption of our tools across a very broad audience.
You want to make changes that help millions of customers. You don't want to make something 10% better as a part of an enormous team. Rather, you want to innovate with a small community of passionate peers. You have experience in analytics, reporting, and big data, and a desire to learn more about these subjects. You want a trusted role in strategy and product design. You put the customer first in your thinking. You have great problem solving skills. You research the latest data technologies and use them to help you innovate and keep costs low. You have great judgment and communication skills, and a history of delivering results.
• Autonomously define and own complex machine learning solutions in the marketing space, including targeting, measurement, creative optimization, and multivariate testing.
• Design, build, test, and deploy machine learning models end-to-end
• Influence the broader team's approach to integrating machine learning into marketing workflows.
• Mentor junior scientists and participate in hiring
• Advise senior leadership, both tech and non-tech.
• Make technical trade-offs independently between short-term needs and long-term goals.
• Master's degree (or Bachelor's degree + 8 years of experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
• 5+ years of experience working as a data scientist or a similar role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
• 5+ years of experience using data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages e.g. Python, or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
• 3+ years of experience applying machine learning techniques in the marketing or ad optimization space
• Skilled with Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, or similar scripting language
• Experience using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g. statistical analysis, research science, machine learning and deep learning techniques, data modeling, regression modeling, financial analysis, demand modeling, etc.)
• Experience in distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Experience communicating verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about systems and algorithms, as well as sharing insights and data-driven recommendations
• Experience querying, processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (millions to billions of rows) of data.
• Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
• 5+ years of experience applying machine learning techniques in the marketing or ad optimization space
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval
• Experience with Java, C++, or other programming language
• Proficient in SQL
• Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.