|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we are handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
We are looking for an experienced System Development Engineer with deep expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure. Infrastructure is the hardware, software, and networks used to develop, test, monitor, control, and support internal engineering teams.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver and provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
• 2+ years of DevOps or infrastructure experience supporting silicon development
• 2+ years of experience deploying systems and applications in an enterprise environment
• 2+ years of experience writing code to automate the management of Infrastructure services: Python, Perl, or Shell
• 2+ years of experience
• 2+ years of experience with Linux system administration
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud
• Experience with object-oriented programming: JAVA, Python, C++, et al.
• Experience with network design
• Experience with enterprise storage design
• Experience with high performance computing (HPC) methods
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us