|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
We are looking for a passionate, talented Software Quality Assurance Engineer who can drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. In this role, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the quality of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to verify the quality of our features using manual and automated tests.
Some of the responsibilities include: - Lead the verification of new features and initiatives across the organization
• Plan, verify and investigate new and innovative software applications
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
• Champion best practices for software quality and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience
• Extensive professional hands-on experience as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer
• Great fundamental knowledge and experience in test methodology, troubleshooting and debugging
• Proficient in, at least, one modern scripting language such as: Python, Shell, or PowerShell
• Experience writing test strategies, test plans and test cases
• Experience building automated test suites
• Experience testing Android devices or other consumer electronic devices
• Experience with unit test frameworks, automated testing of APIs and open source test tools
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Experience working closely with development and business teams
• Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills