|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? We are building exciting experiences and driving new customer interactions with our popular and growing entertainment platform and want to find someone passionate about creating awesome products. Here you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion and innovation in the delivery of media entertainment.
As a Quality Assurance Manager on the Fire TV team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline and have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition to experience with building and leading successful test teams, we're looking for someone to drive quality through both software and process improvements and drive engineering excellence across multiple teams. The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level test and automation strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy, experienced in people management with strong problem-solving skills and have a solid software testing foundation. Your knowledge and leadership while working with remote teams will be exemplary, and you will work to bridge the communication gap between our worldwide teams, and help ensure consistency in our QA activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of hands-on testing experience
• 3+ years of experience as a manager, people management, performance management and supervision
• Experience building a QA organization that is responsible for end-end validation for a critical system or application
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• Understanding of testing strategies including technologies for automated testing.
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
• Experience in Python/Java programing languages and automation frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Highly effective at working with geographically distributed QA, business and development teams