|Category||Facilities, Maintenance, & Real Estate||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Building Wellness Manager (L5)
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Building Wellness Managers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The Building Wellness Manager will supervise, lead and support operations, inspect, and maintain processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. They perform inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to
• Ensure work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience
• Supervise and implement the preventative maintenance program
• Schedule preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services
• Perform and/or delegate preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member
• Order parts and equipment required for repair
• Maintain and install new equipment and facilities
• Provide training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff
• Demonstrate the proper use and care of tools and instruments
• Give hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and trouble-shooting procedures
• Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace
• Recommend and estimate facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget
• Maintain and ensure availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies
• Prepare and submit purchase order requests, develop sources for stock materials, and perform periodic checks for supplies
• Lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and use ladders up to 30 ft., with or without reasonable accommodation
• Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of equivalent experience working at Amazon.
• Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
• 5+ years of experience in general building repair and maintenance, plumbing, and electrical
• 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role
• Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil)
• Completion of an applicable technical training program
• Possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or on a team
• Are you able to travel to multiple sites within 50 miles of the home station and have reliable transportation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us