|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Experienced in building and leading teams of highly competent software engineers? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The AWS Region Services Lighthouse Team is looking for a Data Engineer to lead the research and thought leadership to drive our data and insight strategy for Amazon Region Services. You will streamline data science workflows needed for predictive models that involve learning from large amounts of data. You will closely with data scientists, analysts, and software engineers to design data models and assist in data related technical issues.
What you will do?
• Design efficient data storage and warehousing solutions for analytics
• Build ETL pipelines to enable automation of reports and dashboards
• Participate in the data acquisition process
• Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
• Work closely with data scientists, analysts, and software engineers to design data models and assist in data related technical issues
• Work with Big data tools - PySpark, EMR, Airflow, Glue etc.
• Experience with Agile development is a plus but not necessary
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Locations: This Position may be located in Herndon, VA or Arlington, VA (HQ2)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role with experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources.
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3)
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.