|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
This position can be located in Arlington, Austin, Nashville, Phoenix or Seattle.
Want to work for a fast-paced, innovative team? Want to work on ground-breaking initiatives? Want to pioneer new ways of staffing one of the largest private employers in history? We are seeking a strong data science leader for our Marketing Analytics organization within Workforce Staffing.
Workforce Staffing is responsible for hiring hourly associates into our global fulfillment operation. Each year we hire hundreds of thousands of associates across the globe. Workforce Intelligence, a subsidiary of Workforce Staffing, is responsible for the data acquisition, engineering, research and programmatic insights to help WFS and Amazon scale that staffing to meet customer demand at an improved cost. Workforce Staffing relies on marketing to raise awareness of Amazon's hourly jobs, pay and benefits across thousands of locations but has significant opportunity to optimize those activities. This is where you come in.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable leading a deep, focused science team responsible for large scale business impact and speaking in front of executive audiences. They can dissect business problems into digestible solutions and build various models to improve forecasting accuracy, optimizing spending decisions, and marketing channel mix. And they are comfortable working with other engineering teams to architect their required data environment as well as with non-tech audiences to quantify business impact and establish roadmaps.
In this role, this person will need to:
- Be the expert. This person (and their team) will need to build, optimize and automate Amazon's marketing decisions for global staffing.
- Iterate and experiment. They will instill a culture of experimentation within the organization.
- Build Tools. This person will utilize machine learning to build multi-touch attribution models and assess high/low value actions.
- Build a strong team. This person will need to build a high performing science team to meet the business need.
• Masters degree in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics or equivalent)
• 7+ years of experience in Data Science, Research Science or similar field
• Demonstrated experience optimizing and scaling strategic initiatives through data and hands off the wheel models
• 5+ years of experience leading technical and science talent
• Demonstrated ability to drive impact through cross-organizational initiatives and working closely with software development and data engineering teams
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with senior leaders and executives
• Demonstrated ability to influence executives in changing the status quo
• Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with one scripting language such as R, MATLAB, Python or others
• Strong writer
• Familiar with Kanban and other Agile methods
• Clear communicator
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.