|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills.
We are hiring ISV Solutions Architects to work with some of the world's largest ISV customers. The Solutions Architect engages with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, and design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures. As an ISV Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and other AWS teams to create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS.
• As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the AWS Solutions Architect community.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blog posts.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 4+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications or 5+ years in lieu of no Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years experience in software design/development, system operations/engineering, network engineering, infrastructure or database architecture or 9+ years in lieu of no Bachelor's degree
• Open to travel up to 25%
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• 2+ years software/technology customer facing experience
• Experience with "on-premise to cloud" migrations or IT transformations
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.