|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Studios is the home for talent, creating and producing original films and television series for a global audience. Original series premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, which is available in over 200 countries and territories. Our teams are responsible for introducing distinctive, critically acclaimed, award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, One Night in Miami, Coming 2 America and more.
The Amazon Studios Product Management team is looking for Principal Product Manager in Culver City, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to manage the global technological growth within Amazon Studios. This person will be responsible for managing the extensive portfolio of applications used in TV shows and movies. The ideal candidate will draw upon critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of driving and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is necessary. You will model operational excellence and drive alignment with architectural standards within the portfolio of tools. The person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and technical teams and be an excellent communicator who can articulate functional and technical design tradeoffs. The right individual has extensive experience on planning configurations and customizations of third-party applications in the Media & Entertainment industry.
In this role you will partner with executive stakeholders and external partners to define, implement and maintain business critical software products leveraged by our development, business and production teams globally. You will own the roadmap of the third-party tools throughout the content creation lifecycle. You will also need to ensure that these tools are well-integrated with our home-built systems to ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include
• Partner with stakeholders to define and maintain a product vision and roadmap and drive the evaluation, selection, implementation, and scaling of technology solutions as needed.
• Drive product prioritization and detailed product definition for the user experiences, interfaces, and features within the Studios organization.
• Interface with internal product/design owners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Work directly with UX researchers, designers, vendors, and internal data and software engineering teams to execute and deliver on the product roadmap
• Research and identify new opportunities for Studios to innovate on behalf of our customers.
• Model transparency and accountability by reporting on product roadmap and program progress and results; drive action planning based on data
• Ensure solution adoption and success by employing appropriate change management strategies
• Participate in build vs. buy decisions based on the available solutions in the Media & Entertainment industry
• Partner with tech teams to integrate solutions in the Studios in the Cloud
• Manage relationships and negotiations with third-party vendors to get new features prioritized in their roadmaps
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• 6+ years of experience managing teams
• 7+ years of experience leading the work of vendor and/or internal software development teams
• 7+ years experience of product delivery, including integration and customization of third-party tools
• 7+ years of experience in the Media & Entertainment space
• Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Prior experience in studio technology and knowledge of production development, pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution
• Prior experience in managing a portfolio of third-party tools for Media and Entertainment Space (Moxion, Pix, SyncOnSet, etc.)
• Prior experience in providing recommendations of buy vs. build software based on customer requirements
• Experience with project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.