|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system that's used by millions of customers worldwide? Computing AWS bills, at its core, is a challenging, distributed systems problem that requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Furthermore, our applications must meet strict requirements for accuracy and once-and-only-once processing.
As a Sr. Product Manager you will set the long-term vision, own the product roadmap and align company-wide dependencies across multiple product teams. You will define clear feature definition through business requirements and working with software development teams to build new customer experiences. You will dive deep on customer data and feedback to ensure the team makes the right trade-offs and protects high standards on behalf of the customer. Finally, you will move fast, innovate and find ways to simplify.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 5+ years of product management or consulting experience in technology focused business.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones.
• A history of translating customer insight into product and service experiences that customers love to use and share.
• Strong relationships building skills; experience managing stakeholders and partners to drive cross functional programs.
• Master's degree (MBA preferred) and 10+ years of experience any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience managing technical products and distributed data stores.
• History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership.
• Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.