|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired company in the US, #1 in Innovation and #1 in Customer Service. Additionally, Amazon's technology business has a history and growing tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS), you have the opportunity to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructure and applications into the Cloud. AWS has gained a reputation for innovation with a fast pace release cycle delivering hundreds of features a year, and AWS Support is one of the largest and fastest growing AWS business units. Don't be confused by the name. We are a highly technical, innovative organization revolutionizing the way customers engage and seek help from AWS. We will redefine the word "support" and lead the industry with best in class technology.
One of the top 3 reasons customers tell us why they use AWS services (as against other cloud providers) is the world-class Support they receive in maximizing their investments and success. We earn the customer trust by obsessing over their needs for DevOps automation, and by empowering 1000s of Support personnel with effective technology and processes.
As an engineer in this organization, you contribute directly to how customers experience interactions with Amazon and how support engineers resolve highly complex and technical issues for customers. You own projects from inception to delivery, seeking to deliver results in a fast paced environment. You will work with highly qualified team members, product managers and experience designers to raise the bar on delighting customers.
Our technology platforms continously change to meet customer needs, lower operational costs and burden, and to innovate. We currently use native AWS technologies like Lambda, API GW, Node Js in our stack. Knowledge of front end technologies like React are desirable.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with caching systems & CDN
• Experience with Node.js
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and NOSQL solutions
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Desire to operate independently, deliver results in a fast paced environment