|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you have a passion for developing community engagement programs and experiences that delight participants while also delivering measurable business impact? Do you have experience implementing cross-functional engineering programs or managing high-profile relationships with community partners? If so, the Amazon Web Services Security Response Outreach Program Manager could be the right career choice for you. We seek a flexible, result-oriented, and innovative program manager to join a newly created team focusing on security response and outreach with the security research community.
As an Amazon Web Services Security Response Outreach Program Manager, you will work with a diverse team to identify new and creative ways to engage security researchers to build a thriving, healthy, and excited global community working together to advance cloud security and protect AWS customers from security and privacy threats. Your responsibilities will include planning features and programs that engage, retain, and energize external partners, directly execute those plans, and report on results.
Attention to detail, ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities, and staying organized are critical skills required for the role. A sense of curiosity, strong program management experience, and a desire to work with a smart and diverse group of people will make you a strong candidate for this role.
Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
• Design, plan, launch and manage security community initiatives
• Partner with senior leaders and collaborate closely with departmental peers
• Coordinate and drive awareness of community initiatives and opportunities across various internal community engagement teams
• Build and track community impact measurements and metrics, while maintaining data integrity
• Leverage both qualitative and quantitative data (including anecdotal feedback)
• Ability to work and thrive in an ambiguous environment
• Track and drive completion of key deliverables
• Suggest and implement process improvements
• Create mechanisms to update key stakeholders and clients
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels, tenures, and prior experience, and we're building an environment that celebrates collaboration, knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to align projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded program manager and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Location: Flexible - Seattle WA, Herndon VA, San Diego CA, Vancouver Canada, Sydney or Melbourne Australia, Dublin Ireland, Paris France
In the future, some travel will be required (up to 10%)
• 5+ years of experience in community management, partner engagement, or community strategy roles in information security, computer gaming, or other technology focused field.
• 3+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Our team focuses on diversity of all types in candidates for our roles and we strive to hire people with different experiences and perspectives into our team. To that end, we know that no candidate has every desired skill and experience, but it is all of us together which make our team strong.
• Experience developing incentive based behavior modification or gamification programs.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate in an inclusive manner with a global audience.
• Experience with security incident response processes, tools, techniques and strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop partnerships and work effectively as a member of a team
• Experience generating and analyzing metrics with QuickSight, Tableau, PowerBI, or similar analysis software to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
• Experience defining and driving customer focused initiatives such as UX, feature improvements, documentation, or gamification programs with a diverse set of engineering stakeholders.
• Confidence navigating ambiguity and identifying innovative solutions with minimal direction.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a bias for action, critical and creative thinking
• Familiarity with principles of localization and accessibility design for global audiences
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.