|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Integration Support Engineer (ISE)
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
In this role, you will support configuration, integration, and testing of software deployed at Amazon Installations that utilizes our mobile robotic platform, such as, Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, Air Gateways, Softlines, and Delivery Stations. Successful candidates will possess a blend of strong technical aptitude, trouble-shooting capabilities and customer-facing skills, along with a passion for cutting edge technology.
• Leverage Deployment guides, Launch Checklists and configuration processes, systems and tools to deploy Software.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedure to create Software Environments and deploy Software
• Own problems through resolution, engaging technical subject matter experts as needed
• Provide prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to our internal Amazon Partners
• Execute command-line and SQL scripts
• Monitor queues and respond to issues within defined SLAs
• Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to support existing solutions
• Make configuration changes and perform change management activities
• May become a subject matter expert in one or more areas, serving as a point of escalation on critical issues
• Participate in communication with Engineering teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related technical field or relevant experience
• 0-1 years of experience with integrating, debugging and supporting highly available systems
• Knowledge in AWS services such as S3, EC2, SNS, SQS
• Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
• Strong analytical problem-solving with a metrics-driven focus on frugality without sacrificing safety or customer satisfaction
• Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Knowledge and/or working experience with MySQL or Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle, MS SQL)
• Knowledge and/or working experience with Linux or Unix (Terminal).
• Exposure to two or more of the following programming languages (Java, C++, Python, Shell Scripting, Java Script)
• Knowledge with setting up software infrastructure, such as environments, code pipelines for highly dynamic systems.
• Ability to work an International team spread across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
• Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and Product IT
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Proven ability to manage time allocated to specific tasks and escalations