|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Critical Projects Implementation (CPI) team is a project management and execution team that manages construction activity within the operational data center spaces. The CPI team is tasked with critical infrastructure improvement projects to optimize utilization of space, power, and cooling within operation data centers around the globe. These activities are outside of the scope of standard construction delivery and regular preventative maintenance tasks.
We are currently seeking an energetic Data Center Project Manager to serve as a technical resource within Amazon data centers. You will be part of a highly creative, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenges in designing, building, and operating Amazon data facilities. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for project oversight and review of all disciplines including electrical, mechanical, controls, and architectural. A fundamental understanding of these systems is required, as the individual will be expected to identify areas for improvement as well as act on data provided from other team and organizations. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to design, develop and deploy innovative solutions to address operational challenges. This role requires both independent contribution as well as the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams. The scope of projects will include but not limited to the improvement of electrical, mechanical, fire detection and building automation system. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
This role will require up to 50% domestic travel to support the San Francisco region.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think big; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon data centers then this may be the challenge you've been looking for!
• 5+ years experience managing projects in data centers or comparable critical infrastructure.
• 5+ years experience in Construction or Project Management.
• 5+ years experience in Vendor Management.
• BA/BS in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or similar Technical focus.
• 3+ years experience in the technical field of power distribution and data center mechanical cooling systems.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, incorporate feedback, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Proven track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy, and building programs and features solving complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions.
• Significant experience successfully delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Proven track record leading projects and help your team achieve goals.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and decisions.
• Experience managing and negotiating contracts and vendor relationships.
• Demonstrated experience thriving in an ambiguous environment and ability to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates to deliver against deadlines.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.