|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you excited about the cloud computing industry and leveraging cutting edge data analytics technologies and methodologies? Are you interested in driving business decisions through data analysis, reporting, and KPIs? Do you want to work in a leading Specialized Sales team focused on helping customers, AWS, and partners to build compelling business cases to move to AWS, take actions to drive the most value from their AWS investment, and measure the value realized?
AWS Sales is seeking a Sales Operations and Strategy Analyst to partner with our sales team and other stakeholders to provide proactive insights and drive go-to-market strategy and operations for the Analytics Specialized Sales group. This will include working with Specialized Sales Operations Leads to develop, implement and manage business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Work with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them.
• Manage quotas and compensation plans for large overlay sales team
• Own territory planning and annual planning processes for complex, cross-functional business across multiple stakeholders
• Lead monthly forecasting modeling and meetings with sales leaders
• Analytically advocate for your customers to other internal parties
• Drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems,
• Project-manage multiple workflows and communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally.
• Work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables.
• Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally.
Position can be based near AWS office: Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA and open to US Amazon/AWS Corp office on the West Coast only. Relocation offered from with the US to any of these locations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years experience as an analyst
• Advanced SQL
• Advanced MS Excel
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Experience with CRM data such as Salesforce.com
• Experience with data visualization software such as Quicksight, Domo, or Tableau
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of supporting a variety of stakeholders
• Exhibits sound business judgment and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and providing clear answers to complex problems
• Experience with business-process design
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
• Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
• Experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
San Francisco, California
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, California
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.