|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
• Once again pushing the boundaries and enhancing the customer experience of shopping in a brick-n-mortar store, the Amazon Go team is building a game changing technology. We are looking for excellent engineers that epitomize technical and operational excellence - that can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world challenges.
• As an experienced Embedded Software Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products. You will collaborate with an internal inter-disciplinary team along with outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and validation.
• Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you are able to demonstrate strong design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will serve as the technical lead for embedded systems through the entire product life cycle, from inception and roadmap through design and into mass-production support. Design and implement robust digital designs for various embedded devices. Perform board bring-up, testing and troubleshooting. Contribute to the IoT firmware architecture by writing, debugging, and delivering production grade firmware. Conceive, document, and execute comprehensive design validation tests on new designs. As a member of our team you will partner with vendors to deliver new components to the required specification and schedule. Function as a subject matter member on a variety of technologies by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management. You will travel to the supplier and contract manufacturer sites world-wide to partner and collaborate on product development activities (10% - 20% travel).
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science 6+ years' experience in the consumer or industrial electronics industry as an embedded systems design engineer.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Real-time embedded compute and sensor platforms.
• Familiar with test equipment and methods.
• Operational experience managing large scale IoT fleets.
• Familiarity with real-time computer vision systems or camera pipelines, as well as image processing concepts.
• Working knowledge of ARM TrustZone or equivalent security concepts.
• Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience working with international, cross-functional teams and partnering closely with mechanical engineers to deliver fully integrated real-world solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,700 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.