|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
As the most-used service at amazon, Weblab is at the heart of billions of dollars in product decisions. Your favorite feature on an Amazon.com website or the iOS and Android apps was probably tested and launched using Weblab. Amazon retail, Music, Prime, Alexa, Seller Central, and many other groups use Weblab every day to change how the world shops, sells, reads, learns, plays, chills out, and grooves out.
We are seeking a skilled and creative software engineer to help shape the future of Amazon's customer, vendor, seller, and partner experiences.
You are an engineer looking for a career where you can build, inspire, deliver, and impress. You enjoy getting computers to make intelligent decisions in the face of real-world noisy data. You want to create, design and build logic, soar, and contribute to architectural decisions that matter.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a big impact on Amazon and its customers. You are excited about solving how experimentation and feature toggle data is managed and vended to all of Amazon safely. You enjoy building massive-scale and high-performance systems, with a bias for delivering simple solutions to complex problems. You're a thought leader, able to deliver big solutions, as well as big ideas. You think boldly, and challenge yourself and others to build and design better. You prefer strong working relationships and thrive on collaboration with your teammates and other stakeholders.
ABOUT US TOGETHER
We're going to design and deliver the next generation of product-experimentation systems. Along the way, we're going to ask and answer seemingly impossible questions. Together, we'll build solutions that are better than anything any one of us can come up with alone. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
We value smarts over skills. If you know the basics of building low latency and highly available systems at scale and have the capacity to dig deeper and learn more, you could be a great fit with our team.
A few problems we'll be working on:
• Adding support for Weblab at the edge
• Rebuilding Weblab back-end to better leverage AWS services and scale more easily and reliably.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Here are some things that we want to see, though none is independently a requirement:
• Experience building large-scale data mining systems, possibly involving real-world noisy data
• Success in delivering reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience mentoring and training others on complex technical issues
• Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Solid coding practices, including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, and a track record of delivery
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.