|Category||Human Resources||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) is looking for a Software Development Manager to help manage Disability and Leave Integration (DALI) product suite.
DALI products deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees in U.S. We are expanding our current team, to enable case manager and employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive self-service tools across devices using communities, lightning, and other Salesforce next gen technologies across 60+ countries. Driven by innovation, our mission is to invent and simplify the customer experience. We will extend the overall case manager, self-service strategy and user experience for our employees and partners by integrating it with other Amazon cross systems and platforms using AWS technologies, content management system (CMS), and analytics ensuring a consistent global experience.
You will own the design and delivery of DALI product suite, support and service delivery initiatives globally to build scale, efficiency, and a great customer experience. You will leverage your team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform and AWS products. You are responsible for hiring the top talent team of software developers, QA engineers, and manage, retain and optimize the development team for efficiency, quality and repeatable delivery. This role standardizes and sets high bar goals for developers to aspire to, creates velocity through reusable processes and designs, optimizes for speed while not forgoing quality deliverables.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about setting the standard for engineering excellence, building software solutions, have strong software development and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating technical plans to driving software development. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership is a must. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
• Working backwards with business to define and drive creative product features and capabilities that enhance and delight customers.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Lead and partner with multiple development team for successful execution of the software solutions.
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning and tactical execution.
• Work with software development managers, TPMs and business to translate product/business requirements into development specifications within the agile development process
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple teams from design to rollout.
• Translate key insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for product improvements
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
• Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation tradeoffs.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels.
• 1-2 years of experience working with Salesforce implementations.
• Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making.
• Experience managing and leading team of senior developers and technical program managers.
• Superior project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, high quality document and report preparation.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others
• Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, and process optimization.
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.